Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 10 in Puloly

Morning was really fun. I helped to grind coconut. I climbed up a tree. Nongus fell behind me while I was walking. Our security guard helped cut it up. I ate it. I loved it. I loved it. I just simply loved it. We walked back to the girl's home after discussing where to bring the kids out for the weekend and we saw one of the workers sitting down with a snake toiled around his neck which was found in the compound.It was shocking but exciting and probably spiced up my day an that is why I am writing it out.LOl.

I would have mentioned a million times about how the staff are just great. Today was one of the those days again. We had like a mini girls' session inside our room where we shared mutton roll, papaya and chocolate before and after lunch.It was fun because we were taking some unglamorous photos, which I am not allowed to post on the net although I would love to lol, and singing songs and just having fun. It felt very easy being around the. I really don't think I would have been able to get this experience elsewhere.

Anyways, after lunch and prayer with the girls, I had some time to chat with the guys at their hostel. I was hoping I had more personal time with these kids. The boys are just amusing, talking nonsense half the time and the other half trying to make sense. Hehe. they are innocent, loving and just plain naughty but I guess that's what makes them fun.They told me their troubles with English and suggested on how they wanted lessons to be like and what to focus on. It was good because they are comfortable now to have started opening up to me and of course teasing me on top of everything else.Lol.It's fine.I prefer it that they treat me like I am already a part of them. They also kept asking why I came to Jaffna and about our little island Singapore. There are some things that I need to hold back from tellin the kids just in case I make them get the feeling that they are missing out on a lot of things. I kept thinking the whole time, I want to give back something even when I am gone. I am not the best of person to stay in contact with friends overseas but here for them I need to keep in touch. I really want to know how I can help them, follow up with their lives and be a person that they can fall back on like the many other people here. I think I may have to start using facebook. Urgh! For those who knows me will know how much I hate facebook. lol. Will see to that later...Anyways, to all who are reading this, I strongly urge you to go out and do something for others in need. You probably will be thinking that you are helping them but its only much later that you realize you are helping yourself more than anyone. I am not a kids-lover, in fact I used to hate them. But it has definitely changed with the sweethearts I see here. They are really and truelly God's own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment