Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 13 in Puloly

It started off like any other day, with physical training and a trip to the market. Then Nanthini akka had to see to her family so she was missing for a big part of the day. But the papers the students gave me kept me busy. I actually couldn't understand half the things that were written either in Tamil nor in English of course. I had to do extra work of re-writing which wasn't fun but I had the chance to talk to the boys personally just to ensure what I had inferred was indeed correct.

There will always be some boys who wouldn't know how to let the feelings out so I put no pressure on them. There were a few where I just let them talk because I wanted to listen to what they say and sincerely was thinking of ways to help. They won't say if they miss their parents or siblings but from the silence they give when you ask them about it just rips you apart from within because you feel it. You can feel the pain through their eyes.There are a few whom I will never forget even if I want to because they are the ones who are able to connect with me well and they are also the ones who tease me the most. LOL. They are darlings no matter what.

Most of them had told me they study during their free time, and it is really true because that is all they have got to get out of this cycle. That is their only sense of belonging, that is their motivation to live and that is surely like God to them. I am still thinking of ways on how I can help these innocent souls after I leave. I urge everyone to please help in your own ways to this foundation or anyone who needs that love and care like these kids. I learnt this saying a long time back, "Love is all there is" and I don't know how much more I can appreciate then now.

I wanted to spend a lot of time with the children today so I had stood by them for prayers, had breakfast, lunch, watched t.v together and just sat and joked around a bit.I wanted to really connect with them. I think I am getting the feeling that I am leaving so soon already that I can't wait to just grab these kids into my hands and never let them go. I want to be truly be a part of their lives. I want to see them grow up and be the person who they want to be. I want to see them free and successful.I just want them to get what they deserve.

Anyways, just a quick update on exciting things for the day: walking across the dry fields with cows surrounding me and going out for shopping after 7pm and surely having to drink and eat the awesome coconuts here. LOL. What's a day without Jaffna special yeah...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment