Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 15 in Puloly

I was still a bit solemn today...I can't stop thinking. Nothing else runs on my mind other than that. People who know what had happened keep asking what happened to the kids who were dragged away. It hurts to know that it had taken place only recently and that things are still not well after the war. I am really kind of affected by it and want to so something to help the kids but I have no idea where to start really. It is not a good feeling to stay in a place with so much pain and hurt because it's real.

Anyways, the bottom line is all I want to do now is be with the kids. Get to know more about what had happened here and see places that were affected. I passed by a few places where they introduced to me saying that these used to be houses before the government officials and police came and destroyed them to make the people leave the place. I see it all before my eyes. The after effects of the war is still etched on the walls, streets, animals and one every soul that has lived there. Everywhere I go, I can feel the sorrows of little children and people. It is mentally disturbing and physically draining. I couldn't take classes today instead I spent my time wisely on discussing about the sports meet with the kids. I am really quite excited about it as it is for the kids that I am doing for entirely. I really want to see some happy faces not just for this but for the rest of their lives. There is still a lot of work to do with the sports meet just a week ahead. Hope this gives me a chance to work with the children and get to know them better too. All that is running in my mind now is helping the children. Please feel free to drop me an email about what I can do to help them too...your suggestions are much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment