Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 18 in Puloly

Crazy is what I call today! I think it is mainly because yesterday turned out to be too good, so nature takes its turn by hitting back to reality. It was mad rush. We traveled to a lot of places looking for a simple venue to hold our Sports Carnival on.It is probably the craziest day so far I think.

What really turned me off today was knowing that ALL of my pictures I had taken for the past 3 weeks were deleted, accidentally, by the kids. I was so upset because that were memories that were to be kept for a very long time.They were so personal to me. I almost cried. But at the same time I kept really cool because it was these kids. I think if it was any other kid, I would have blasted. But these kids are the innocent ones who are to be forgiven. lol. They also deleted my documents which I did yesterday for five hours. It only means I have to do them again now. I was really affected because I think I am really looking for the time to be with the kids nowadays and I am not happy when I have more things to do on the computer and all. That's why I am really looking forward to rehearsals and sports carnival so I can be more fun and relaxed with them instead of trying to make them disciplined like what I do at trainings, classes and all.

Anyways, I realized that coffee and tea tastes amazing here. They are sweet instead of the silly bitter taste we have back in Singapore. I never used to like it back there but here they had more sugar and less powder so it tastes really really good. You should try doing that! Put away black tea and black coffee. Take on Sweet tea and sweet coffee.

Hahahah, ok ok back to work. I was mostly out with the staff. I am really glad that I keep to my style of bringing a book around, writing down every single detail, make changes, informing people of those changes and stuff. I am enjoying the planning part a lot although, it really sucks when things don't go according to the plan and the managers end up disagreeing a lot. But I guess that's where the fun lies yeah. I think I was never so excited about any event like how I am excited for this one.Probably because I feel like it is entirely dedicated to the kids and that I want them to have a good experience. I really hope it turns out as well as we all expect.

I was determined to eat dinner with the kids today because I haven't had time to spend with them.It made me really happy just seeing the kids and teasing them. I never thought I could be like that...especially for someone who hated kids...well still do...maybe different kids. But anyways, it is true, when I was so stressed out about work and time, seeing these kids smile made my day instantly. I guess that's the show you get in such places...joy in the simplest moments. As much as I want to make them smile, I think they are the ones who are truly making me smile a lot more. In my calls from home, everyone keeps asking me am I fine or am I happy here or is it difficult and stuff...I think sometimes they don't believe me when I say that I couldn't be happier. Even for myself, knowing the person I was, I am surprised I have become this person. And I know that I really can't get this much joy for the entire 3 weeks I have been here. Thanks to the kids, thanks to God's Own Children!Thanks to God!

1 comment:

  1. Hi All,
    This Blog post now has been linked via the Gods Own Children Foundation web site. Please read at under http://www.gocfoundation.org/pages/blog/blog.php

    ReplyDelete