Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 24 in Puloly and Atchchuveli Sports Meet

There was no electricity the whole of last night. I couldn't believe I actually Survived it having been a spoilt-brat from Singapore.

Anyways more importantly it was a stressful day but not as bad as I thought it would be although a lot of things got messed up. We went early to check out the grounds which was messed up due to last night's blessings from GOD. But then there were many helpers from the Thikkam are to support us in the cleaning up and setting up individual booths for the houses, and putting up flag poles and creating the track which is really a long back-breaking job.

Guests arrived early and we started pretty much late because we were rehearsing the marching and all. We had no time to go to the grounds to practice ahead. This is the funny thing about the kids, they never do anything well in the practice. I would get so mad because they don't listen, but it is AMAZING how they adapted so quickly to the environment and did an amazing job. I am having goose-bumps just by saying this. They played so well, they were competitive yet supportive. They cheered for their teams, they were united, and they were alert, well, pretty much. Once the games started, everything fell into place. There was just an initial starting problem in the engine. That's all. I must really thank the kids for putting up an great performance. I wasn't bother of who was there and who wasn't or what people would say, in the end every single smile from the children just blew my stress and anger away. I couldn't believe for the first time kids were making me happy...oops. But I was so excited to see them jumping around and playing. That's all I wanted. That's enough for me.

In the evening after we got back, Sir, father of GOC had called and Nathining Ms put him on loudspeaker...you wouldn't believe how quiet the kids were surrounding the phone. They wanted to hear his voice. They wanted to catch every word he said. It was lovely. I could only see respect and love even from the naughtiest kid and the group. What more can someone get. Thanks to Dr.B Anandkumar who gave me this. Seriously. I also like to make special thanks to all of GOC members, because they really helped a lot, without them the show wouldn't have run, and thanks to families in Thikkam who were amazing, they served drinks, they cleaned and they got everything we asked for. Thanks to the God's Own Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment