Thursday, June 16, 2011

Journeys in PCV- Part 25

Name: Yasinthan Jeevaratnam
Age: 14 years old

He is the brother of one of the boys I had put earlier. He said when he saw his father die, his body shivered. He was scared. He had chest pain and he has been having it ever since that day.

When I asked him what he wanted from God, he said he wanted his dad back and that he wanted to study. I think for God’s who especially saw their dad suffer on their laps at the last moment, that’s what they remember most of them, making it difficult for them to move on.

Name: Sarujan Sasikumar
Age: 11 years old

Mum is in camp with younger sister. Dad died when a bomb fell into his house. Everything they had was gone including his beloved dad.

When I asked him how was he feeling at that moment? He couldn’t answer me back, he kept repeatedly saying he saw bombs.

This guy never failed to tease me and I will ask him to shut up. But when I saw him become quiet it was difficult. I kept asking him to talk then. But he wouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment