Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 23 in Puloly

It rained so heavily. It was windy, all the light sand gushed in and it was so muddy and it felt like my OBS camp 5 year ago. When I stepped on part of it, I went in almost half-way down from my knees...I was more worried about losing my Haivanas in the mud than me going in. LOL. Our British Business School staff had also come to help for the Sports Day, they were at the grounds setting up everything for half a day. But they came back saying that everything had gotten demolished due to the rain. I was really upset. It has been freaking hot since the day I came...It was raining like crazy just before the Sports Meet. It was really luck my luck.

I was determined though. I didn't doubt anything. I wanted the sports meet to go on still. This was the first time I was very sure of doing something for others although it may have been trouble for a lot of people. All I was worried about was the kids...They kept saying I will be leaving and that's why we should have it but I wanted to have it because they have put in so much effort in the past few days to just call it off or postpone it because then the whole mood comes down. We were just hoping that it won't rain again and that at least let the ground dry out for the night. I appreciated the drainage system and concrete flooring back in Singapore. These people took the flood very lightly. If Singaporeans were to step into this area, I think they would probably try sue the department. LOl. I am just kidding but I think many of us take it for granted what our government has done for us. We should really take a look at the others and see what we should be grateful for other than finding fault in everything we already have.

Of and it was a black out, which lasted for the rest of the night so we were pretty much doing work under lamps and dim light and the kids had to study that way too. I really felt very bad for them. These things are a norm here seriously. We find it so much trouble to celebrate even earth day in the daytime...these kids slept with no fans on, studied with no proper lights and all. It was really a great experience for. I was eating and bathing with a torchlight on. It felt like camp that's all I can say. That's also why my post got delayed because the computers weren't working...like duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment