Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 17 in Puloly

I went to Atchchuveli Home finally. This is the home for kids who have been disabled due to the attacks that had happened. It is another home run by the GOD's OWN CHILDREN FOUNDATION! It was an amazing experience. You wouldn't believe how close the boys got to me just in a day's visit. I actually wished I went there earlier because I can feel that these kids want to be loved and hugged and kissed like all other kids their age by their parents and siblings. But unfortunately, some have lost their families largely due to the war.Till the time I was saying my first goodbye, I was happy that I came. But when I tried to leave they kept saying don't leave just yet. They held my hands and literally dragged me inside. They showed me their arts and crafts item. They were asking so many questions about me. They wanted to give me something for me to keep as a remembrance but they got stressed out that they didn't have anything to give me. Instead, they gave me cards and some pens of their own. I felt really touched at how madly they wanted me to have something before I leave. They are really disciplined kids.They kept asking if I would forget them...these kids??? No may...more than they recieving love, I got a lot of it. They kept repeating at how they don't have anyone and now they have a elder sister to look for. I am happy that they feel that way but it is somehow more saddening that these kids are all alone. A few of them, had lost their limbs completely. When I asked them how they felt about it? They said they are fine with it. They are actually more grateful that they didn't lose their life. they said the line...people can take their legs, and hands away but they can never take away their believe and faith of survival. I had goosebumps when I heard that. Even I don't have so much expectation of life . These kids are not disabled. They are differently-abled. They have a great big heart to help others but a small voice to share their opinions. I learnt a lot from them, for being there just a few hours. I interviewed them and that is probably the last thing I time I am going to be doing that. Because, it is not nice, when you are supposed to be counseling them and instead, you end up tearing and not being able to write what they say.They are these little buds which are waiting for the right soil, sufficient water and sunlight before they can bloom. I wish the world gives them that space and that strength to blossom into the person they want to be. They have huge ambitions. They also have the fire in them. All they want is to study and be someone great only to stop others' suffering like how they are. I didn't have the heart to leave at all. I donated a small amount because I didn't get the chance to teach them so I thought at least books would be really useful. I really felt bad, I didn't get to see them earlier. But I am happy that they are joining us for the Sports Carnival. They said, they will join the teams and do their best and that they didn't want separate games because they are differently-abled like what we had prepared for. I was like ON MAN! Haha...That's the confidence I love to see in such people. I see GOD in them!

We somehow, left the place, after hugs, kisses, great big smiles, waving till about 50m away...it was an experience I will never forget in my life. I thought the day ended there with fun and laughter. But back in the boys' hostel, they were waiting for us to start the show for Ranjan Uncle, the manager of boys' home, as it was his birthday. I was really impressed by how they worked. They had decorations all using paper and balloon. Nothing costly at all. There was really good music, and amazing MC, the boys sang songs, recited poems they created, and danced like they have never danced before. It was really string co-ordination and understanding between the boys. There were two servers, distributing packed snacks with cake and chocolates and bananas and ICE CREAM of course! They also took turns to clean up and collect rubbish from the boys. They were so organized and disciplined. I really couldn't believe it. You should have been there to experience it.Really! They don't have money to buy presents or whatsoever, all they have is time and love to show the person whom took care of them for so long. It was really touching to see how they will never give their manager up for anything. They tried to make me dance, sing and do everything, but I nicely escaped!Hahaha...I think I can't escape for too long on how these kids are...LOL.These are the kids, who really need to be shown love, care and concern. I wish people get to see and spend time with them. Ten minutes with every kid would make a whole difference in your life.I hope the world takes care of these kids and also Dr Anandkumar, who is ill but still refuses to put down the phone without asking how his kids are doing! He is truly the Father for everyone...just like what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment