Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 16 in Puloly

It was back to the headquarters again for some crucial instructions which I have yet to follow and pretty soon you will get to know what are they about. Anyways, I got to visit the court today because some of them were going to submit documents about the kids. It was totally different seeing the court. Nothing that I had expected at all. I couldn't take a picture if not who you would know what I actually mean. i saw rusted and dusty bicycles,motorbikes and vans inside the court building. When I had asked for the explanation for this I almost laughed. They were all standing and rotting there because these were the offenders' motor vehicles who had either not worn a helmet, cycled on the wrong side of the road or simply put got caught for reasons even they don't even know.It was pretty hilarious really. I have seen Singapore courts only from the outside but I guess I appreciate it now. The government really has to do something about such things.

I was busy preparing for the sports meet, where I had to arrange them into different groups both staff and students, discuss about what games we playing, how we playing and how it is going to be carried out. I really got stressed working with the people here as I feel they don't know the value of time as much as city people like me do. I guess it is the nature which is such...slow and peaceful. Well not so peaceful for me. If I want something to be done, I will probably be screaming at the top of my voice but here...NO WAY I can be doing that. Well I am really practicing patience and control. I can truly feel that in me. I hope it continues even after I leave. Hahaha...which I highly doubt but I'll see. Although I ma stressed out, I am really excited on seeing how much the kids are looking forward to it.Well now I believe they are kids, all these while I felt kinda inferior towards them because the things that they had gone through built a sense of character around them making them talk and behave older sometimes.

Talking about the kids, I called back home today and started talking about the refugee camp and the children there, it only brought tears to my eyes again. I couldn't even complete the story because I was too affected to say anything more. But then I was thinking, if I become down then what happens to the kids, where will they go. This situation truly forces me to let go off my own feelings and think about the kids instead. I feel empty sometimes but I guess is for the better. Well I just want to bring joy to their faces by being there for them. That's why I am really excited about the Sports meet . I really can't wait to work with the children.That is all that I am looking forward for...yey!

No comments:

Post a Comment