Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 12 in Puloly

Today started off on the high road to Nallur for a meeting regarding the upcoming sports meet. It was really a unique experience to sit through the meeting. hehe.Many might be wondering what I mean when I say that. But it is strictly for me to know and for you to find out. It's really a different world when it comes to management.Although I am not staying here for long or am not exactly a staff there they really give me a voice to speak and they make me feel a part of them.Many things goes were going on at the same time. I didn't know if I should laugh or be serious because I guess that's how our Sir puts it. He is very unpredictable I can say. Haha. He is really hilarious. I never knew till I got here. LOL.(I actually wanted to take pictures but I was afraid it would disrupt the momentum, lol.)

Anyways, I really enjoyed my classes today also probably because it is the end of the week and I wanted the kids to have some fun other than falling asleep as they would be tired. They still have a lot of catching up to do. They keep saying they are afraid of me but I have no idea what is so scary about me. Like I am jovial with them and stuffs and yet they still can tell me that they forget the answer once they see me. MUST BE CRAP RIGHT!!! Hahahaha...Oh today's jaffna's special was 'payasam' (indian dessert). We had fun trying to eat it from a cup with no spoon because it's really thick and sticky, but it was really good of course...I had second serving!

I officially started classes proper with the staff today other than the English chit chat sessions we have at random times during the day.I was tired but it was really nice to see that they really wanted to learn and that motivates me more than anything. I also took the time to get to know a little more about them by making them do a mini introduction about themselves. It was fun. Half the time they will be talking in Tamil and the other half I will be trying to translate what I say into Tamil. And for people who know me well, they will probably be laughing at the fact that I am talking in Tamil here actually. Lol. It is like while they are learning English, I am learning Tamil. Just imagine how our conversations would be. I need a translator who knows both Tamil and a bit of English. HAHAHAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment