Monday, June 13, 2011

Journeys in PCV-Part 12

Name: Logesvaran Murugaiya
Age: 16 years old

Dad is in home with 1 younger sister and 1 elder brother who is working. Mum died in bomb blasts last year.1 elder sister is in hostel and 1 younger brother is with him in this “home”.

After his mum died, he and his family want to camp for about 1 year. He kept changing camps. When the bus arrived to drop them back at their hometown, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to study well, they all dispersed into different directions and hostels.

When I asked him about his mum, he almost cried. He is a chirpy fellow who always teases me for the first time I saw him show his true emotions.

When I asked him what he wanted, he said he wants clothes. He said he likes jeans rather than the shorts he wears everyday.



Name: Sasikaran Punniyamoorthi
Age: 7 years old

Mum in home with 2 younger sisters. Dad died in war attacks.

He then was at camp for a year. He said there was no difficulty in camp. I am assuming probably because he doesn’t know what is exactly going on.

He said he didn’t say anything about his dad. He said he didn’t like him when I asked why he turned away. I think he said that because he thinks his father left him.

No comments:

Post a Comment