Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 25 in Puloly

I wanted to spend the whole day in the home other than visiting the fish market and the sea, which are the first few things I did when I came here. I can't believe time passed by so fast. From the day I came it has been 28 days already, and this is my 25th day here in Puloly Village itself.

The whole day was rather pretty lonely for me. I felt empty from within. My worry is not about leaving. My worry is what I am going to do for them from now on. They did so much for me. They made so many things for me.

It was full-moon day. It is a special day. It is a holiday. They always celebrate it just like last night. It was a whole show which was organized and put up within a few hours filled with dance, singing and the best part poetry recital. The students did bouquets out of paper and plastic flowers. It was really beautiful I have never seen such a thing in my life. It was truly their work and talent which amused me. Some students wrote their won poems;they were funny. They talked about how I came here fair and am going back so dark and that they want to buy for me fair and lovely. Another line talked about how I always said I don't drink tea initially but now I take it even before they could ask. These were their memories of me written in the funniest way possible. LOL.

Ranjan Anna, the boys' home manager also recited a poem, I didn't expect it at all. It was really a beautiful poem written in pure Tamil so not like I could understand every single word, (haha), but I could figure it out. Some of the co-workers also revealed their talent in singing. This is their hobby, making woodcrafts and singing, so no wonder they are really very talented in these things. I finally got to take photos with them.

I had roti prata and a sweet mango as my last meal in Puloly. I loved it. I am going to miss everything here. I am going to miss singing songs while driving in the auto, I am going to miss my hair getting messed up in the wind, I am going to miss the muddy fields but I won't miss the mosquitos, the ants and the sand for sure. LOL. My threading is gone, my waxing is gone, I have gone super dark which is fine as long as it doesn't start peeling and I probably need a pedicure after this. Hahah. I am leaving with an aim. I am leaving to come back and see these kids happier. Oh Oh Oh, and I am surely going to miss this computer room and this particular computer which has been my companion for the last 4 weeks. Thanks to all my fellow co-workers, thanks to the children and thanks to Sir DR.B.Anandkumar and Ms Jecintha.

No comments:

Post a Comment