Thursday, May 26, 2011

A month ago....

I was useless, helpless, careless and just brainless right after I received my A'level results. I was wasting my time and lazying around doing things that I didn't like. Then an apple dropped from the tree (just like for Newton) and an idea struck. Why don't I use this time to do something that I am really interested in -travel and do some humanitarian work.

The Internet then became my best friend. I was searching for places to go to, to lend a hand when I stumbled upon God's Own Children Foundation which is a NGO which gives its service to children who were affected by Tsunami and the civil wars in Sri Lanka.

I quickly emailed them and expressed my interest to work with them. A few days later, Dr.B.Anankumar, the Chairman of GOC, contacted me and explained about the volunteering program. Then my journey began....

No comments:

Post a Comment