Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 8 In Puloly

What I thought was going to be dull and slow day turned out to be as exciting as all other days....haha. I wouldn't deny that I was suffering in silence in the morning when there was practically nothing much to as compared to the life in Singapore where one can't even find the time to just sit and stare at the ceiling. But I was blessed with that here.As much as I would like to complain I know I enjoyed every bit of it-being brain dead.

There came a point where I had to go out in search of a card reader to upload more pictures, as you can see that there aren't many because I smartly left mine back at home. Anyways, since shops close pretty early here, just like how the sun shines damn bloody early at like 5.30am, I had to push some of my classes back to go in between classes. It was awesome because that was when I realized I was out in the evening when the sun was going down. I had my potato bajji again....I already decided I am going to bring a whole box back home before I leave.LOl. Today was exceptionally good. I think I was in a hyper mood ready. Then, we were riding back when we decided to try another Jaffna special item which is mini prawn vadai. It tasted really interesting. Seriously.Haha. On the way back I was just thinking in my head, how much I enjoy traveling, looking around and experiencing the local life. My advice on traveling is that don't try planning ahead because the smallest unexpected things will spice up your life and another one is to travel alone. I am enjoying my freedom man! I got to ride an Auto, drink things that I wouldn't be able to try with parents or even siblings around....shooooo. hahaha. I really like it. I think I tend to notice things around me better and feel free that I have to take care of myself and no one else. I came here knowing that I will only be teaching but I have experienced a lot more things which I wouldn't have gotten the chance to experience anywhere else. I guess it is really THE journey in Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment