Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 5 in Puloly

For the first time in my life, I learned how to drive an auto and i drove it for a good 50m. Don't scorn! Am just a beginner only so have some mercy please! hehe.I also had a peak into one of the big temples here. I must say it is pretty neat and tidy but one thing interesting was that men had to take off their shirts before entering.Thank god they didn't have this rule in Singapore! Haha. Just kidding.

Classes went as usual today. Although I felt I was going a bit too fast for the older students but I think I need to push them bit by bit to move faster because like I said their exams are in December this year.I think the youngest students who would be about 7, 8 and 9 years old were somewhat easy to teach today. I was really relaxed today and I preferred it that way. The youngest student was really sweet, I was pretty hungry by the time i got to their class and they just had their tea time. She walked in, greeted me and offered me a palagaram (indian sweet) and I just wanted to try a bit. She is also the girl who puts my books neatly and cleans up the board to whatever height she can, (she is very short, come on she is a kid) everyday after class. And it is really sweet of her to just offer me something she had brought for herself. I was really touched by what she did.She is really young and she can think selflessly. I can't imagine how people outside call themselves so educated and all but all they can ever think about is how much money they are going to earn and how good they look at themselves. If every rich man offered something small to poor wouldn't the world be a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment