Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 7 in Puloly

It was like a day off for me from teaching. The girl's had counseling class to attend and the boys were busy cleaning up their room. So I got to visit The Pentecostal Mission a church where Nanthini akka goes. I took my small little bible along to read and hear to their songs. I totally forgot it will be in Tamil but it was different for sure. They served us food. They kept asking us if we wanted more food. I thought to myself that people who are poor or have gone through much challenges in life will know how it feels to go hungry for days. They will feed you whole-heartedly. They are like really good-natured people who give much respect to mankind. I really like seeing that.

Anyways, I go back to the 'home' and then we relaxed for a while withe the staff before setting off to the temple with the boys. They had a lot of fun taking pictures using my camera and all. I also bought them ice creams and it was very nice and different indeed. Like I said, Jaffna special. Oh talking about Jaffna special, Nanthini akka and I walked to the bus station and that was probably the first time I ever walked on the streets of Jaffna, Sri Lanka under the bloody hot sun of course. HeHe. But we also took the local bus which pretty much is a mini-van we see back in Singapore which transport school children. It's a whole new experience being out on the streets than being in a car continuously. I enjoyed every bit of it apart from the million stares I got. Lol.

Today was fun hanging around the children and just going out.You can tell from their faces whether they enjoyed or not. All they kept doing is teasing me and made me take photos with them. They kept asking about getting the photos back.Well I will have to see about that. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment